A total of sixteen suspects have so far been arrested to assist authorities in the investigations of the Konkomba and Chokosi conflict, police have said.
One of the suspects who the police say fired at security personnel on the ground was shot in the thigh and is receiving treatment at Chereponi hospital under security guard. Eight more were arrested on Tuesday
One person has been confirmed dead and thirteen others sustaining various degrees of injury.
Northern Regional Police spokesman, DSP Yussif Tanko told the media that a Police and military team on the ground succeeded in preventing a lot of attacks and burning of communities.
Extensive patrols among other relevant security strategies implemented by security agencies he added are yielding desired results and everything thing possible is being done to bring the situation under firm control.