Buipe Senior High School girls dormitory burnt to ashes
About 290 female Students of Buipe Senior High school in the central Gonja district of the Savanna region have losed all their belongings after their dormitory razed down by fire. The girls learning materials, food and cloths were all burnt beyond recognition.Northern Regional Public Relations Officer of the Ghana Education Service, Donald Awaala Kanzoni who confirmed the incident to Zaa News said it occurred at about 7:30am Monday.Northern Regional Director of Education, Edward Azure who visited the school shortly after the incident expressed shocked at the extent of damage and assured authorities of immediate attention.Mr Azure told authorities at Buipe SHS that an arrangement has been made for the supply of core textbooks as soon as they return to school.The GES headquarters in Accra has directed the headmistress of the school to get a contractor to supply school uniform and house vests as soon as possible whiles adequate measures put in place to put the dormitory back into good shape.
The G. E. S directive according to the regional PRO is to enable the affected students adjust quickly and settle to study.
The Technical team of the the Ghana National Fire Service is yet to establish the course of the fire.